No subject

Unknown Unknown
Thu Mar 24 02:52:00 PDT 2011

As far as I know, only linux supports journaling (i.e. ext3).

The NetBSD ext2fs driver has recently gained support for large inodes, it may be worth backporting that.

Last time I tried the ext2 tools (from pkgsrc) did not work on DragonFly because they could not determine the size of the devices. It may be worth porting them too (because without journaling the filesystem won't mount R/W after an unclean shutdown and will need to be fsck'ed).

I haven't tried UFS with DFly and Linux yet, it may be worth a shot too.

msdosfs works too, of course, but it is very limited.

Regards, Matthias