Can't connect to ssh

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Sun Jan 2 12:07:24 PST 2011

Francisco Reyes wrote:
It is already set to bridged. Will look into VMware then if there isn't
a built-in firewall or anything like it.
Did the 'host' OS networking change? There are issues trying to bridge
VM ethernet cards across wifi host adapters as wifi is
not-exactly ethernet.
What has me puzzled is that I have not changed the VMware config for the
VM and it worked until the crash.
Assuming you have access to the VM console (sounds like) - try
running /usr/sbin/sshd -D -ddd on the server side and ssh -v
on the client side and see if that shows anything obvious..
also maybe check the host firewall?