Dual booting DragonFlyBSD with WinXP

Thomas Nikolajsen thomas.nikolajsen at mail.dk
Sun Feb 20 14:12:48 PST 2011

>Has anybody setup a dual boot system with DragonFlyBSD and WinXP?

Yes, I use the DragonFly boot loader (installed by boot0cfg(8)).

Please make a backup of sector 0 (e.g. use 'boot0cfg -f'),
before installing DragonFly boot loader, so you can restore it if needed.

There is a minor caveat: 'boot0cfg -o noupdate' doesn't work out here
(don't know why); I wanted that to boot WinXP as default;
my 'work around' is to put 'boot0cfg -s1 ad0' in /etc/rc.local.shutdown.

 -thomas