How big is fully loaded?

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Wed Feb 16 20:36:04 PST 2011

On Wednesday 16 February 2011 23:14:07 Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I was thinking, if I wanted /home to be encrypted, or shared with Linux on
> the same laptop, or both (LUKS is LUKS, right?), how much disk space should
> I allocate to everything but /home?
>
> I also saw lvm next to cryptsetup. Does it work the same way as in Linux?
> I've been using lvm since at least 2007.

Also, both ext2/3 and reiserfs have programs to resize them, after expanding
or before shrinking the logical volume they're in. I don't see any similar
programs for ufs or Hammer. How hard is it to write them?

Pierre
--
When a barnacle settles down, its brain disintegrates.
Já não percebe nada, já não percebe nada.