keyboard layout and cryptdisks

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sun Feb 6 14:26:43 PST 2011

On 2/6/2011 5:59, Pierre Abbat wrote:
*Set the keyboard layout before starting cryptdisks. I touch-type Dvorak and
had to look at the keys when typing the password. Someone whose password is
in, say, the Greek alphabet would be totally unable to type it.
I'm not sure if this is cleanly possible. If root is encrypted, mounting
it will take place in a small root partition with few resources. Adding
keymaps and tools to change it to the initrd would unnecessarily inflate
its size.

However, you can build your keymap into the kernel also. See the
{ATKBD,UKBD}_DFLT_KEYMAP options in LINT.

Sascha