xfce crashes

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Wed Dec 7 21:05:28 PST 2011

I try to log in on X and get a message something like this on the console:

-bash-4.2$ xfce4-settings-helper

(xfce4-settings-helper:5103): xfce4-settings-helper-WARNING **: Failed to
connect to session manager
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

except that it's signal 6, it did connect to the session manager, and it's
preceded by some GLib-CRITICAL messages. I don't know where it put the core
file. Any ideas?

I can't log in to a Gnome session either. I can get a KDE session, but it's
not on gdm's list, so I have to log in with a bare xterm and run startkde.

Pierre
--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.