Linux ldconfig segfaults

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Mon Aug 8 05:09:35 PDT 2011

On Monday 08 August 2011 03:11:55 Samuel J. Greear wrote:
> Probably caused by a bug in linux ldconfig, possibly tickled by
> something we do not implement or that we implement differently. The
> easiest way to find out what is wrong is to debug it like any other
> program and see why it crashed and/or what it was doing right before
> it crashed.

(gdb) where
#0  0x0805a492 in _int_malloc ()
#1  0x0805b666 in malloc ()
#2  0x080691be in __register_atfork ()
#3  0x0805c365 in ptmalloc_init ()
#4  0x0805c744 in malloc_hook_ini ()
#5  0x0805b608 in malloc ()
#6  0x08085ed8 in open_memstream ()
#7  0x08065cd9 in vsyslog ()
#8  0x08054685 in __libc_message ()
#9  0x080546d9 in __libc_fatal ()
#10 0x0804ce75 in __libc_start_main ()
#11 0x08048151 in _start ()
Looks like it crashed before it even got to main.

But when I start gdb, it says:
warning: A handler for the OS ABI "GNU/Linux" is not built into this
configuration
of GDB.  Attempting to continue with the default i386 settings.

I guess the Linux packages built for DFly 2.9 don't work with 2.11, or my
kernel version is somewhere in the middle of a change to the Linux module.

Pierre

--
The Black Garden on the Mountain is not on the Black Mountain.