Fwd: pkgbox64 pkgsrc 2011Q1 DragonFly 2.10.0/x86_64 2011-04-12 03:54

Brian Gianforcaro b.gianfo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 22:20:01 PDT 2011

On 4/12/11 1:13 PM, Justin Sherrill wrote:
Packages breaking the most other packages

Package                               Breaks Maintainer
pkgtools/rpm2pkg                         128 tron at NetBSD.org
databases/postgresql84-client            103 adam at NetBSD.org
multimedia/xine-lib                       62 pkgsrc-users at NetBSD.org
lang/ocaml                                37 adam at NetBSD.org
lang/mono                                 31 kefren at NetBSD.org
print/cups                                21 sbd at NetBSD.org
sysutils/libgtop                          18 pkgsrc-users at NetBSD.org
devel/libthrift                            9 tonnerre at NetBSD.org
www/w3m                                    7 uebayasi at NetBSD.org
textproc/cabocha                           7 obache at NetBSD.org
I looked into a couple of the big breakers to see if their was anything
I could fix.
pkgtools/rpm2pkg was fixed for DragonFly in master later in the day on
April 12th. Just missed it :)

lang/ocaml has an upstream fix they are releasing in 3.1	2.1
BUG: http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=5237
sysutils/libgtop had a fix April 13 th, not sure if it pertains to
DragonFly or not.

print/cups seems like a silly linking error, but I didn't look to much
further into it.

I'm looking into lang/mono now, I know this has been a sort of on going
project to get it to build on DragonFly.

It's pretty awesome how close that brings us to relatively few broken
packages. I remember when were using pacman wayyyy back, It's come a
long way :)

- Brian