virtualbox & "greetings"

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat Apr 2 18:35:35 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM, * William <william.full.moon at gmail.com> wrote:
> G'day dragonfly folk.

> I found getting any access to Dragonfly 'conversations' difficult.  So my
> second question, is do you have a google or yahoo group for general
> conversation?  If you want adopters -- May be you should do that?  I looked
> at the website post: 'How to Move vmware Disk' and couldn't use the
> information.  What ever comes up with the ISO image; is missing some basic
> shell set-up because it FAULT-s duiring start-up.  (My next mail tomorrow is
> to VirtualBox to provide some meta-logging facility on the main window).
>
> For me - I'm looking for a ready-to go virtualbox image or a way to boot
> from the ISO download and install Dragonfly to a VMI virtual disk?  Where do
> I begin?   If that's not hapening: Is there a way to make a bootable or
> (better yet) a virtuallybootable vmware  thumbdrive for Dragonfly?  Looking
> forward to getting 'air-borne'!

The users@ list that you are posting to is for general conversation -
you're already there!  There's also a running conversation on
#dragonflybsd on EFNet if you use IRC.

It sounds like you are having trouble installing DragonFly in a VM
with Virtualbox; Virtualbox seems to have trouble with DragonFly on
every other Virtualbox release.  i.e. I've heard reports that the
Virtualbox 4 release has trouble, but recent Virtualbox 3 releases did
not.  Your mileage may vary.

VMWare Player and Qemu both work consistently, in the same role as
Virtualbox, in my experience.