Sub-project donation

Waldemar Bergstreiser wbr at bergstreiser.com
Sun Sep 26 01:19:14 PDT 2010

 On Sat, September 25, 2010 3:27 pm, Waldemar Bergstreiser wrote:
   Hi folk,

I would like to support some sub-projects by a small donation and I have
seen a "code bounty" page
but it seems that "bountys" can be set only by a developer. Did you
already considered opening sub-project related donation for public. And
probably some voting system can also be very useful.
Anyway, a main question: how can I make a donation for a hammer
improvement, e.g. compression or dedupe?
The names on the bounty page are added as people want to do it - the money
amounts are up to the person adding it, and you don't have to be a
developer.  It's a wiki, so you can add your own name there too.  (Make
sure there's contact information, so if/when a project is done, you can be
reached.)
And, thanks!

surely this can be done also with wiki, but that should happen with the
bounty site, if you got 1000 donators with 1$? I think, this will not
work very well. I have seen like proposals already in a mailing archive
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2007-12/msg00051.html

I believe that earning from donations can be much greater if the project
had some system for accounting,

that supports anonymous micro donations. Because it's much easy to find
1000 donators, who spends 1 $ as 10 donators with 100 $. This makes
project also more open for public influence and more attractive.

Because not everyone in a position to decide about code completeness,
some kind of project board can review and decide about payment.

Moreover, I will set 100 € for establishment such donating system in the
project.
That should be my next step?