chlamydia inconsistency? part III

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Sep 24 22:42:03 PDT 2010

:It just appeared that newest DFBSD ISO
:- DragonFly-x86_64-LATEST-ISO.iso -
:contains more files in / directory than slice for the directory
:suggested by the system during installation is able to accomodate them.

    You are trying to install DragonFly onto a tiny little disk... I
    assume a virtual disk.  The installer is doing the best it can
    but it just isn't enough space.  You certainly can't build/install
    any significant pkgsrc packages on something that small and expect
    it to work!

    For playing around I would make the disk at least 10G, and if
    you want to play with the HAMMER filesystem (which is the default
    for DragonFly in a normal installation) then the minimum recommendation
    is 50G.