firefox instability may be fixed now in HEAD

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Oct 5 20:12:23 PDT 2010

On Tue, October 5, 2010 11:20 am, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> I think that when I last upgraded all my packages, it was to Q1. For me, a
> package upgrade is a big event, because I don't have much free time, and I
> have to see if the upgrade broke anything (I frequently find that I have
> symlink libraries, because the upgrade doesn't replace libraries that have
> the same version number but are now linked against newer other libraries).
> For the same reason I haven't upgraded my Ubuntu box in a few years. So

If you really, really want to be sure, 'pkg_rolling-replace -rsuv', with a
/usr/pkgsrc that contains a quarterly release.  This will rebuild
everything that can be upgraded, and everything that could possibly depend
on those packages.

It'll take a long time, and there may be a few packages you have to
manually delete and reinstall if they've moved (i.e. are now under a
different name.)  However, this should clear up any lingering library
problems.