USB image

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Fri Oct 1 00:15:22 PDT 2010

Tron wrote:
 Yes, I can boot from cd but would like to try for the big image (if it
was available).
aah.. silly me - thought it was..
there is a 2.4 version if you're interested in that
So if I understand you correctly, once the big image (with x, GUI, etc)
would become available, I would:
-burn it onto a flash drive
yes or cd

-change BIOS settings on the laptop to be the network installer
yes, if by this you mean 'make it boot from the install media'

. ..

-try out DF on the test box and if I like it install on HD from the network
yes. although - I'm not sure how 'live' the 'gui live cd' is -
perhaps others can comment?
Another option of course is to boot up an emulator like VirtualBox or
VMware, etc if you're just interesting in a bit of tinkering and that
is an option for you - also I've heard that people are running under
Xen/HVM recently although I'm not sure what host environment / Xen
version that was.. (and hoping I'm not confusing things from the FreeBSD
 Xen list :) )