HEADS UP: BIND Removal. Short instructions for migration to pkgsrc-BIND

Jan Lentfer Jan.Lentfer at web.de
Thu May 6 12:48:14 PDT 2010

Jan Lentfer schrieb:

Ok, I am a little bit puzzled and also frustrated now. I only brought
libldns and drill in because a lot of people on IRC claimed dig or
something like dig needs to be in base. ldns is only used for that, so if
we don't want drill in base I can also kick ldns again, no problem except
of some hours lost on worthless work.
Finally we could also just add BIND from pkgsrc, that would have the
minimum effect on end users, because everything they are used to being is
would still be there, just in /usr/pkg.

After another discussion I have decided to do the following:
I will only remove BIND from base, no ldns and drill import. So anyone
wanting to have either of the both will have to install them from pkgsrc
 (before updateing their world, I would recommend).

We will see until next release how we will proceed with this. I prefer
to just leave it this way and add pkgsrc-BIND to the Live-CD.

Jan