DragonFly main rsync mirror (chlamydia) DOWN

Oliver Fromme check+kzoo8j00rsl4yp9g at fromme.com
Mon Mar 22 06:14:02 PDT 2010

Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
 >    I don't think ping times really matter here.  The bandwidth you can
 >    get from avalon matters, but not the ping time.

I think efficiency matters.  The transatlantic lines aren't
particularly wide.  It doesn't make sense that all European
and Asian mirrors pull their stuff from a US site.

FTR, I get 150 KB/s from avalon.  This _is_ related to the
ping time ...  At least I never get more than 150 KB/s from
a site with >= 200 ms ping RTT.  :-)

Best regards
   Oliver