Mozilla suite stability on 2.4/2009Q4

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Wed Mar 3 11:05:40 PST 2010

Hello all

I recently (finally!) upgraded my main dev system to local builds of
both 2.4.1 and 2009Q4 pkgsrc packages -
Since doing this, I've been getting a ton of firefox / thunderbird
crashes. I've tried disabling my plugins, etc. but this isn't
helping too much - the crashes are confined to these applications,
so I'm thinking it's something XUL specific perhaps, or perhaps
some interaction between e.g. XUL, DBus and the like,
but I'm really at a loss for what is happening..
I'm in the process of getting wip/firefox to build, etc
to test other scenarios, and I'll be testing the official
packages later, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask if anyone
had any similar experiences?
(as I'd like my own builds to work anyway :))

Thanks in advance,

- Chris