questions over dragonfly

Tomas Bodzar tomas.bodzar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 01:32:26 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM, dark0s Optik <shiftcoder at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) But I think configuration is:
>
> http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=bedw52h&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&kc=server-poweredge-t410

There is too much HW which I don't have practice with so I can't say
for sure if it's supported. Some parts are, but I don't know if it
will be supported as a whole machine.

> 2) My notebook is sony vaio vgn-nr21z and cannot install over this
> computer dragonfly or freebsd

Those are practically same systems from point of view of ACPI. I think
that OpenBSD will be running on this if  ACPI tested only for Windows
is not crippled too much. Problem will be for sure that VGA  as it's
Nvidia. Anyway Sony is well known company as not so fine for people
which like something different then mainstream. If you are using
Windows on it then fine. If you want to try use something different we
will harden it for you as much as possible (like with latest PS3 vs
Linux case).