Stresstest howto does not work

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sat Jul 31 14:06:24 PDT 2010

On 7/30/2010 14:05, Damian Lubosch wrote:
Hi!

I would like to stresstest my Dragonfly installation. But how to do it? There is a how-to in the website: http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/HowToStressTest/ but it fails to compile with:

[...]

I must admin that I have taken the stress2 svn version instead of the .tgz because it simply vanished?

So how do you do your stresstests of Dragonfly BSD?
I've put up a patch for stress2 from FreeBSD SVN here:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~swildner/stress2.diff

Please try it and report any issues you find.

Note a few things:

* I had to add the renameat(2) system call for it to compile (well we
needed it anyway) so it won't compile on 2.6.3. I've put a patch for
adding renameat(2) to 2.6.3 here ->
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~swildner/0001-Add-a-renameat-2-system-call.patch.
You need to upgrade your system after applying it (do it either with
'git am' or patch(1), doesn't matter).

* The information from the how-to about specifying free swap in
stress2's resources.c shouldn't be necessary anymore. I've added code
that should take care about that. Please check if swap space size is
correctly reported if stress2 is run in verbose mode, since I just
checked if it compiles but didn't run stress2.

Regards,
Sascha