Abnormal termination of greeter - cause is libX11 version

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Fri Jul 30 21:47:27 PDT 2010

On Friday 30 July 2010 23:37:14 Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> On Fri, July 30, 2010 9:14 am, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > Correction: kwrite is expecting version 6.2.0, but the version that
> > exists is
> > 6.3.0. I made a symlink and kwrite came up. So does the greeter. Could
> > someone recompile kdelibs with 6.3.0 in the pkgin repository?
>
> What version of kdelibs and (whatever package contains) kwrite is
> installed?  3.5.10 is what's on avalon, where these probably came from,
> and they should match - they were built together.  I wonder if packages
> got mixed from master and a release, somehow.

3.5.10, but kdebase somehow disappeared when I tried to install vlc (which
isn't in pkgin but is in pkgsrc, and required upgrading qt). They match each
other, but the version of X that's installed doesn't match what kdelibs is
compiled against. More when I finish reinstalling kde - it's stuck
downloading something.

Pierre

--
. i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do