OpenOffice

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Jan 21 00:09:29 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:57:25PM -0500, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> On Wed, January 20, 2010 5:14 pm, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > I tried building openoffice2 and it said it's not available on DragonFly.
> > FreeBSD and NetBSD, yes, but not DFly. How come? And openoffice3 gave
> > me "Could not find ../../devel/xulrunner/buildlink3.mk" and quit.
>
> Openoffice2 probably just never was tested on DragonFly; looking at the
> Makefile, it's pretty specific about supported versions.
>
> Openoffice3 also fails with a "openoffice3-3.1.1nb1 is not available for
> DragonFly-2.4.1-i386" error on the last 2.4.1 i386 bulk build, so I bet
> it's a similar issue there.  It may just be a matter of someone familiar
> with the build process needing to poke at it.

The build process is a mess. It would need a considerable time investment to
be rendered usable.

If you want to use OpenOffice on DragonFly, your best bet is the linux binary
in misc/openoffice3-bin. And then it manages to crash if you use a hammer
filesystem...

There are some workarounds in this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@crater.dragonflybsd.org/msg08862.html

Nowadays, I use koffice. It's native and fast.

--
Francois Tigeot