early boot prompt not accessible on newly installed system

Johannes Hofmann johannes.hofmann at gmx.de
Mon Feb 8 09:18:55 PST 2010

Hi,

on a recently installed system I can't get into the early boot prompt
(the one before LOADER(8)).
If I hit enter while the bar is spinning the systems gets stuck.
If I just wait for the timeout it continues to boot fine with a warning
"/boot/loader: Not a directory".
I assume it is related to disklable64 being used by the installer now,
as the systems which still have a normal disklabel are not affected.
I can reproduce the problem in VirtualBox with a current snapshot
build.

It's not a big deal, as the system boots up ok, if I just wait.

Cheers,
Johannes