Can't connect to ssh

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Dec 30 20:36:11 PST 2010

I have a Dragonfly machine I setup a few days ago as a backup machine.
I had it working for several days and I was able to ssh to the machine. The
machine crashed because of not enough nbuffers, which after searching
archives it was just a matter of running out of memory. It is a VM so I just
increased memory from 512MB to 1024MB.

After the machine came back up I have been unable to ssh, or ping for that
matter, the machine.

The VM can connect normally to other machines and VMs in the subnet but I
can not ping or ssh to the VM. I am able to telnet to port 22 on the
IP it is listening on, 192.168.1.9. Sockstat -4 shows ssh listening in all
ports.

Is there a firewall by default in Dragonfly?
Nothing has changed in the VM configuration and it was working until the
nbuffer crash so I am stumped; other than increasing memory nothing has
changed since the crash.

Any suggestions?