Utility to list /dev/nodes & serno's

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Aug 19 04:13:01 PDT 2010

On 8/12/2010 14:52, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
That is a suboptimal approach. It should be trivial to export serno via
udev as Alex suggested and just as trivial to parse that (and more) info
from a userspace utility using libdevattr. It is generic and extendable.
Just try it :)
Umm, guys. What we just need to do is to compare majors/minors with a
shell script. This would take, like, 4 lines, doesn't force me to run
udevd, hence works in single user mode, too, can be modified without
needing /usr/src and perhaps a couple of other advantages.

Why the complexity?

Sascha