Utility to list /dev/nodes & serno's

Alex Hornung ahornung at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 14:20:51 PDT 2010

For whatever it's worth it would also be possible to use libdevattr,
which offers a fairly easy way to query for all disk devices and get
additional information such as serial number, device path, disk type
(optical, floppy, raid, ...). This approach might require that the
serial number is added to the udev device dictionary in subr_disk.c as
soon as the serno becomes available, but it is a more flexible approach
and definitely better than adding another ioctl.

Cheers,
Alex Hornung