Does the Slave pfs take up more space that the Master?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Apr 16 09:35:22 PDT 2010

:Alright I manually ran cleanup on all the pfses
:
:Backup1                   454G   282G   172G    62%    /Backup1
:Backup2                   454G   283G   171G    62%    /Backup2
:
:there is a 1 GB difference still.
:Is that allowable or is there something more I need to do?
:
:I guess at this point both hammer systems should be identical?
:
:Thanks for your reply Damian and Matt :-)
:
:--Siju

    That's fine actually.   The filesystems are not going to be
    block-for-block identical.  The mirroring occurs at the record
    level and there is a lot of room for variation in the storage
    layout.  This also means the filesystem partitions can be different
    sizes and the mirroring target can use different snapshot retention
    parameters.

					<dillon at backplane.com>