package not found

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Sun Nov 29 04:27:01 PST 2009

On Saturday 28 November 2009 22:18:12 justin at shiningsilence.com wrote:
> The list of packages (the packages.bz2 file) is created when the files are
> uploaded; this should always match unless something happens to damage the
> file transfer, or if there's some legal restriction that keeps files from
> being uploaded.
>
> In this case, convertlit is restricted.  If you look at the Makefile, it's
> forbidden to upload the binary (or even source?) anywhere, as there's
> apparently legal issues around it.  It's a converter to "Convert Microsoft
> Legal Reader format eBooks into open format", so I'm not too surprised.
> The uploaded report lists what was buildable, not what's available.

As kdevelop is free software, it shouldn't depend on convertlit, which isn't.
I got the same error when trying to upgrade. I have a
directory /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/convertlit, but that's the only place any file
named "convertlit" is found, and it doesn't look like I've tried to build it.
How can the dependencies be fixed so that I won't get this error?

Pierre
--
When a barnacle settles down, its brain disintegrates.
Já não percebe nada, já não percebe nada.