/usr/pkg/lib/ruby/1.8/amd64-dragonfly/digest.h: No such file or directory

Saifi Khan saifi.khan at datasynergy.org
Thu Nov 5 01:00:35 PST 2009

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

> Saifi Khan wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Saifi Khan wrote:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > i'm trying to install Ruby 1.8 to run Simon's script (make -j stuff).
> > >
> > > Issue faced
> > > ------------
> > > /usr/pkg/lib/ruby/1.8/amd64-dragonfly/digest.h: No such file or directory
> > >

> > The file 'digest.h' is found in this path
> > /usr/pkg/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-dragonfly/digest.h
> >
> > amd64 is replaced by x86_64.
> >
> > Is there a way to update this globally for pkgsrc ?
>
> This is an interaction between pkgsrc and kernel architecture naming. The
> x86_64 port is not yet full up to speed yet, so some problems are expected.
> I'm working on a architecture name change.
>
> cheers
>   simon

Are you referring to build triplet that is used by auto-*tools ?

i looked closely at the Makefile and found the following lines,

INSTALLATION_DIRS=      bin ${RUBY_ARCHLIB} ${RUBY_DOC}/irb ${RUBY_DOC}/pty \
                        ${RUBY_EG}/bigdecimal ${RUBY_EG}/dl \
                        ${RUBY_EG}/openssl ${RUBY_EG}/pty

FIX_PERM=               ${RUBY_ARCHLIB}/digest.h ${RUBY_ARCHLIB}/dl.h \
                        ${RUBY_ARCHLIB}/dlconfig.h

It is RUBY_ARCHLIB that evaluates to amd64-dragonfly instead of
x86_64-dragonfly.

While tracing the Makefile (make -d A -n) i could not locate
either the variable RUBY_ARCHLIB or path to digest.h
http://dragonflybsd.pastebin.com/m664f5aee

Other than hardcoding the path in the Makefile (for now), is
there any other workaround ?

thanks
Saifi.