[issue1332] DFBSD 2.2 - Booting usbcdrom/usbsticks on thinkpad hangs on "BTX Halted"

Jordan Gordeev jgordeev at dir.bg
Sat May 23 12:30:37 PDT 2009

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:I've adapted some fixes from FreeBSD for the booting issues that result
:in "BTX halted".
:My changes are available at
:git://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~smtms/dragonfly.git, branch "btxhalted".
:*Everybody* should test that these changes don't break booting for them.

    You need to synchronize your git repo with crater/master to reduce
    the size of the patch set.
    The diff set also contains a huge number of cosmetic changes.  I
    would much rather just have the changes that address the issues
    and not have to wade through all the cosmetic changes to find them.
						-Matt

Oh, come on! You wanted git, you got it. Now learn to like it.

To view what changes are on branch "smtms-on-leaf/btxhalted" but not on
master you can use "git log ..smtms-on-leaf/btxhalted". Notice the two
dots. (I suspect this style of specification can be used for other
purposes too.)

There are six commits on that branch. Five of them contain the changes
that address the issue, the sixth one contains all the cosmetic changes.
Because all the cosmetic changes are whitespace changes, telling git (or
gitk) to ignore whitespace when producing diffs, would save you the trouble.

At the end, one tip from me: you can instruct gitk to show you a remote
branch like that: "gitk john/coolbranch".