HAMMER and RAID 5

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Mar 3 00:25:49 PST 2009

Mag Gam wrote:
I was wondering if HAMMER will ever have network based RAID 5. After
researching several file systems it seems HAMMER is probably  the
closest to achieve this problem and will make HAMMER a pioneer.
Any thoughts or ideas?
There is a SoC project dealing with local redundancy.  I don't think that
it will be an overly big deal to run this over network, but it needs more
infrastructure then.

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /