Quick HAMMER notes
hasso at estpak.ee
Tue Mar 24 07:11:04 PDT 2009
I have finally my laptop on HAMMER and would like to share some quick
notes. Please forgive me if these topics are already covered in the past,
I've ignored most of HAMMER threads so far ;).
* locate(1) database doesn't ignore hammer snapshots? Can we do something
* Finding out how should I really access historical data in filesystem
isn't easy. It took some time to find out about 'undo -i' and that it's
the thing I'm looking at all ("Generate a single line ... "?), the point
of the 'hammer history' is still mystery for me.
* Some unclear things in undo manpage ... It should be mentioned in
manpage that the current version isn't in the output of the 'undo -i'.
I remember from somewhere that it's normal that some iterations of the
file history can give you an empty file, it should be mentioned in BUGS
section of the undo(1) IMHO.
* Relationship between (no)history and snapshots wasn't clear for me in
the beginning. Also ... What's the difference between 'nouhistory'
and 'nohistory'? What all these flags on chflags(1) do at all?
* Who was the guy writing IO scheduler? We really need that, I happened to
do some work when cleanup was started :(.
More information about the Users