pkgsrc: libidn

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Sun Mar 22 06:15:45 PDT 2009

Hi all,
Ive recentely came accross what seems to me a problem with the libidn package.
Everytime libidn is updated ,KDE and other software that depends on it stops
working, showing this message:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.2: Shared object "libidn.so.11.5.39" not found,
required by "konqueror"

What happens is that all the packages were compiled against this version of
libidn and when it gets updated everything shits itself. I think packages
should compile against a symbolic link(libidn.so) to libidn that doesnt have
the version in it.

Can we do something about this?

P.S: are we going to put pkgsrc in git (which links to the netbsd CVS)? I
think it would be much easier to roll our own patches and stuff this way.

Thanks
Petr