Dragonfly used in production

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Sun Jun 28 09:47:26 PDT 2009

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    From my perspective, then, this means that kernel-supported software
    RAID is the way to go.  e.g. vinum (if it could be made reliable enough),
    or we could work up our own solution.  The mechanics of a software
    RAID system are not all that complex in actual fact.  In fact,

Had my eye on openbsd's softraid for a while - not sure how it would
integrate with cam and all.. but looks clean and simple, compared to
vinum / raidframe..
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=softraid&sektion=4&format=html

And of course no raid 5 or 6 / ? support, but as a pluggable
architecture, seems like that will happen one day / could be doable.

anyhow.. yeah. many ideas, no time to code :(

- Chris