hammer mirror shows differrent results from differrent terminals

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:13:25 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Matthew
Dillon<dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>    That work is still in kernel memory.  It hasn't been flushed to the
>    media yet.  Mirroring operations only work on data flushed to the media.
>    This will occur automatically every 30-60 seconds or when you sync.
>    sync runs asynchronously though so it is best to use 'hammer synctid <fs>'.

Thanks a lot for your reply Matt :-)

Could you please tell how mirror-stream actually works?
Does it work sequentially or as changes happen?

By sequentially I mean If there are 100 files in the master then
mirror-stream copies from file 1 to 100 to the slave so if mirror has
passed from 1 to 50 and a change happens in file 25  it will be copied
to the slave only after the mirror-stream has completed copying from
50 till 100 and come back to file 25 from the begining.

Again what happens if a file in the master and the corresponding file
in the slave are identical? Does mirror-stream copy it again or leave
it as it is?

thanks

Siju