tree.h RB_AUGMENT empty body warning

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 18 23:34:31 PST 2009

:>     I really don't like this idea.  Adding braces and dummy do/while,
:>     but I don't like casting the passed expression to void simply as
:>     a means of avoiding a compiler warning.
:
:The cast is needed as the value of the element should explicitly be
:ignored for the default macro.
:
:>     What is this RB_AUGMENT stuff used for anyway?  It looks to me like
:>     it should just be removed.
:
:The older UVM map code in NetBSD at least used it to recompute the area
:covered by a subtree as the tree is rebalanced. That is the only use
:case I am aware of.
:
:Joerg

   Lets remove it entirely, then.  It is a horrible hack.  Any objections?

					<dillon at backplane.com>