fdisk implementation [read this before deciding what to do]

Vincent Stemen vince.dragonfly at hightek.org
Tue Feb 17 21:49:35 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 05:54:40PM +0000, Jost Tobias Springenberg wrote:
> Is there any chance of this moving forward ?
> As mentioned in my previous  post I really need this feature :). If you
> need any help or the like I would be more than happy to help and get
> this project on track again!
> Otherwise I might go back to were I started off and finish a new fdisk
> with less features myself.

Sorry about the delay on getting back on fdisk/disklabel.  We have had
some family interruptions.  My dad died just before Christmas, than my
mom went in the hospital a few weeks ago for congestive heart failure.
So it's been a bit chaotic lately.  We will try to bump up the priority
on the partitioning tools.  Chet started working on some cleanup on the
code today to prepare the new fdisk for others to evaluate.  Give is
a another couple days and I will try to get back with some more concrete
answers.