Updating USB stack from FBSD 8.x and others

nntp.dragonflybsd.org robgar at comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 03:18:01 PST 2009

We are going to end up doing a lot of damage to the real code as is, I've
been
busy with other things for a while, but just looking at the FreeBSD code has
reminded
me of just how far we have come. It also reminds me of just how much further
we need to go

Robgar

"Alex Hornung" <ahornung at gmail.com> wrote in message
10fba67b0912120726u23e1233awb81cbda04cfb1c at mail.gmail.com">news:10fba67b0912120726u23e1233awb81cbda04cfb1c at mail.gmail.com...
I've suggested this a long time ago, and I've also provided some
people with guidance on how to do it, as I've been in contact with the
HPS, the author of usb4bsd.
The main point here is that his i4b repo contains usb4bsd and a
userland wrapper for it. Hence usb4bsd can be elegantly ported to
dragonfly by modifying as little as possible from the real code and
just wrapping it around as his userland wrapper shows. Any attempt to
port this should be aiming for this solution so to avoid a huge mess
and keep the code maintainable.
Cheers,
Alex Hornung