ltp man page

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sun Dec 13 08:29:32 PST 2009

Pierre Abbat wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to try out ltp. I looked at the man page and
found this sentence:

Pan uses the signal ratchet found in other zoo tools.

Huh???

Pierre
. . should make sense in context of what follows;

"The first time pan is signaled it sends a SIGTERM to the active pgrps; the
second time it sends SIGHUP; the third time a SIGINT; after that it always sends
SIGKILL."

- but perhaps not to all native-languages.

Perhaps 'escalates' or 'succesively re-tries with increaesd urgency' of its
signals (until it has terminated all ...)

. .. might be more clear.

Just omitting the sentance you cite and starting with the one I've cited above
strikes me as better yet....

Bill