package not found

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Dec 7 17:54:16 PST 2009

> On Friday 04 December 2009 20:46:33 justin at shiningsilence.com wrote:
>> Darned if I know...  markd at NetBSD.org is the maintainer of the kdelibs3
>> and kdelibs4 packages - maybe ask him?
>
> I did, and got this answer:

> Subject: Re: kdevelop requires convertlit
> Date: Saturday 05 December 2009
> From: Mark Davies <mark at ecs.vuw.ac.nz>
> To: Pierre Abbat <phma at phma.optus.nu>
>
> Sorry, no idea.  I presume whatever database your pkgin is using has got
> corrupted as there is no dependency on convertlit or ebook-tools in any of
> kde3 (there is a dependency on ebook-tools in kdegraphics4).

Yeah, backtracking, kdegraphics4 does depend on convertlit.  However,
kdevelop looks like it depends on kde3, not kde4.  I'm not sure how you
got to this point.

You could clean out all the kde packages, and redo the install, capturing
the whole thing with script(1), and then we could go through it to see
what happened.  That's going to be a lot of hassle that doesn't
necessarily get us to an answer.

Have you tried doing a 'bmake install' in textproc/convertlit to build it
separately?  That would at least let the original install finish, which
was the goal.