Lost all Data

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:03:55 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Sascha Wildner<saw at online.de> wrote:
> Siju George schrieb:
>>
>> Hope the Data is still in there and it is a matter of making the
>> device file /dev/ad4s1h and ad6s1h :-)
>
> Are these GPT related partitions?

No they are not GPT

> To what did you upgrade? And when?

I upgraded today morning to

 2.3.2-DEVELOPMENT DragonFly 2.3.2-DEVELOPMENT #6: Tue Aug 11 18:03:58
IST 2009     root at dfly-bkpsrv.hifxchn2.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
 i386

> Can you try upgrading again or are the disks crucial for that?

No I can upgrade again. but it will take a few hours to compile,
Should i do that now?

> What disk devices do you have in /dev?

# ls /dev
acd0            ad6             bpf             cuaia0          lpt0
         random          ttyp0           ttyv9           tun2
acpi            ad6s1           bpf0            cuala0
lpt0.ctl        serno           ttyv0           ttyva           tun3
ad4             ad6s1a          bpf1            devctl          md0
         stderr          ttyv1           ttyvb           urandom
ad4s1           ad6s1b          bpf2            devfs           mem
         stdin           ttyv2           ttyvc           usb
ad4s1a          ad6s1d          bpf3            fd              null
         stdout          ttyv3           ttyvd           usb0
ad4s1b          ad6s1e          bpsm0           io              pass0
         sysmouse        ttyv4           ttyve           usb1
ad4s1d          ad6s1f          cd0             kbd0            pci
         tty             ttyv5           ttyvf           xpt0
ad4s1e          ad6s1g          console         klog            ppi0
         ttyd0           ttyv6           tun             zero
ad4s1f          apm             consolectl      kmem            psm0
         ttyid0          ttyv7           tun0
ad4s1g          ata             cuaa0           log             ptyp0
         ttyld0          ttyv8           tun1

Also i found that the directories I used to mount partitions from the
second disk is missing :-(

thanks

Siju