Ultimate Noob Question

Ed Berger nobody at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:44:18 PDT 2009

Now that I'm in the same room with the machine, here's the messages I've
been seeing when trying to play audio CDs on a current dragonfly system,
intel chipset motherboard w P4 processor, pcm, snd_ich and joy devices
added to the generic kernel.  MAKEDEV'd snd0, acd1 and cd1

when trying "cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0c play 1" I get the following message

#acd/0x1e100007: invalid BIO offset, not sector aligned or invalid
sector size (not power of 2) 00000930 2352

when trying "cdcontrol -f /dev/acd1c play 1" I get the following message

#acd/0x1e10000f: invalid BIO offset, not sector aligned or invalid secot
size (not power of 2) 00000930 2352

I see other problems with errors when trying to talk to the optical
drives complaining about misaligned accesses, not multiple of 2 sectors,
or something like that, where cdcontrol might work, to play tracks of an
audio cd, with the error, or it might not, depending on the drive.