DRM not working - recent head

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Sep 11 10:11:24 PDT 2008

	Hi,

	I don't know how long this has been going on but DRM is not working
for me and it seems to be mostly down to ioctl mismatch, I hacked libdrm to
emit a message on the first failed one (DRM_IOCTL_GET_UNIQUE) and found
that the error is "Inappropriate ioctl for device". I tried digging in the
code to find out how the numbers are defined and it seems this one should
be 'd'<<8 + 1 - I tried that in a small test program but and got the same
result so it would seem my understanding of how they are generated is off.
Can someone throw me a hint ?