Installing DragonFly head on Hammer root ?

Matthias Schmidt matthias at dragonflybsd.org
Mon Oct 13 09:31:14 PDT 2008

Hi,

* Petr Janda wrote:
> Is it yet possible or is it coming? 1) Does the installer support selection of
> file system. I need to install a DragonFly OS and i definately need at
> least /home and /usr on Hammer, but I want to do it during the install, not
> complicatedly after the install. Can someone show me how?
>
> 2) is /boot now on separate partition?

I already have one test machine running with UFS /boot and HAMMER for /,
/home, /usr and /var (the last three are PFS).  I used Matts rconfig
script to do it.

Just reboot the box with a live CD/DVD and execute his script called
hammer.sh (its in /usr/share/examples/rconfig/).  If you have another
disk setup, be sure to modify the script!  The script is only available
on a 2.1 CD, its not present on 2.0 (not sure if it was MFCed for
2.0.1).

As a side node: the machine is stable since 13 days and builds packages
all day long :)

Regards

	Matthias