Acer Aspire One (150)

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Nov 14 06:37:38 PST 2008

On Fri, November 14, 2008 7:19 am, Christopher Rawnsley wrote:
> I'll give it a go when I have a DF box up and running :) My driver
> development is nil. Are there any particular drivers in the tree that
> are general enough for me to see what system calls might need to be
> changed etc? What are the typical things that need changing?
>
> In fact... is it possible to compile this from the Live CD and have
> that PXE'd over to the netbook?

(Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, cause I haven't done this much)  You
could build a kernel with the driver built in and supply that on the
machine serving the kernel image, and the netbook should be able to
download and use it as normal.

There are development accounts available on leaf.dragonflybsd.org, though
you won't be able to test the driver directly there.