DragonFly BSD on machines >= 4GB RAM

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Nov 7 12:59:16 PST 2008

:Hello!
:
:How is it possible to configure DragonFly BSD (2.0.1) to use more than
:3GB of RAM? The BIOS and a test-Linux are capable to use all installed
:4 GB of RAM but when I boot to DFly top shows only 3GB available. I
:know the about the 32-Bit limitation. Is the DFly 64 bit version
:somehow available?
:
:(I googled for about an hour now and did not find any satisfying
:answers)
:
:Regards,
:Damian

    No, not with the i386 build.  With the amd64 build, which is not ready
    yet, we will be able to recognize all available memory.

					<dillon at backplane.com>