Acer Aspire One (150)

Christopher Rawnsley rawprawns at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:53:00 PST 2008

While I don't have a Acer Aspire I do have a netbook of some kind and
I would like to raise the general issue that you get with them. They
don't have CD drives. From the sounds of things, it doesn't seem like
too big a deal for you as you have an external one (although you have
dropped in to the kernel debugger...) but I would imagine that many
people don't have such a luxury.

I think USB flash images are the way to go and I dug up a script from
Dario Freni on FreeBSD front for converting ISO images to USB disc
images[1]. I think this is a start and I would like to encourage the
creation of one for the DragonFly Project. I want to work on this but
it's bound to take me a while :) Anyone got any tips?