Fortran in the base

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue May 13 11:29:27 PDT 2008

:Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
:> Hasso Tepper wrote:
:> > OK, much clearer now. So, now I think that best approach is
:> > completely opposite. Basically, there are two options:
:> >
:> > a) Remove fortran from the base.
:>
:> +1 if f2c works well.
:
:My brief experience shows that it does.
:
:And while at looking what needs to removed I discovered that we have Objc
:support as well in gcc34. It's compiled by default, but we don't have
:even /usr/bin/cc1objc. Any objections to remove it as well?
:
:--
:Hasso Tepper

    It sounds good to me.  My perspective on pkgsrc is that if we can do
    anything to make pkgsrc operate better, we should.

					<dillon at backplane.com>