Improving Syslog

Martin Schütte lists at mschuette.name
Fri May 2 13:56:36 PDT 2008

Hello,
I am taking part in this year's Google Summer of Code for NetBSD and
want to implement the upcoming IETF Syslog standards for BSD's
syslogd(8). The most important improvements will be an extended message
format, TLS network transport, and digital signatures.

I hope these new functions will later be ported to benefit all BSD
variants (as their syslogds are similar).
So everyone interested is invited to take a look at the project pages
now and then. Naturally any feedback is welcome.

The official project's homepage is at
http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/syslogd/
and for developing I maintain a Trac at
http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/trac/syslogd/