Building modular xorg

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Mon Mar 24 01:24:20 PDT 2008

Chris Turner <c.turner at 199technologies.org> writes:
> I ran into similar problems building some packages here and there -
> basically they need to be converted to use modular xorg -
> e.g. based on LIBS in the Makefile, they should
>
> .include "../../x11/x11libname/buildlink3.mk"
>
> instead of the previous:
>
> .include "../../mk/x11.buildlink3.mk"

This actually worked. However building what I'm trying to build seems to
require all of X, since the build stopped at:

  configure: error: X is required, but it was either disabled or not found.

> tracing through the various includes might yield something fixable,
> thought I'm surprised if noone else has run into this ...

I'm surprised too. I have no idea how the pbulk build Justin is doing
works at all. ;)
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

God, to the Bee, is something which has two stings...