Virtual Kernel hogs up space

Nirmal Thacker thacker.nirmal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 20:54:27 PDT 2008

Hello,

When I build virtual kernels , either as root or as a normal user, the
/mnt directory gets filled up to about 150M and a 252MB / partition is
soon 102% filled! ...I dont understand how the system boots but it
does not behave. Yet it would be necessary for me clear up the space
occupied by a virtual kernel. This includes:

/mnt directory
kernel file at /home/<username>/vkernel/kernel directory created to
boot into the vkernel

Could also someone tell me if the file /kernel is actually a system
file? Because I do not remember noticing this before.

If i try to delete the [virtual kernel] kernel file from the
/home/<username>/vkernel directory , I get a question to overide the
permissions root/wheel schg for the file and either ways it would not
let me delete the file

I would like to know more about clearing up space occupied by a virtual kernel

thanks
nirmal