Virtual Kernel hogs up space

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jun 17 19:11:27 PDT 2008

:No I am talking about the space taken up by the virtual kernel file[s]
:in my host kernel. For eg in my host kernel the /mnt directory is
:filled with the virtual kernel tree. Since I did not allocate much
:space to my / partition of the host system the disk space is filled
:beyond 100% and i get bombarded with filesystem full errors when i
:turn off the host
:
:I am doing this on my machine. Not the leaf accounts.
:
:Nirmal

    I'm not sure how much I can help.  It sounds like you haven't allocated
    enough space for the virtual kernel.  If the virtual kernel's disk
    image is on /mnt then you may have created it as a sparse file instead
    of using 'dd' to pre-allocate the whole thing.

    The virtual kernel's binary might be chflagged, to remove it you
    could 'chflags noschg <path>' and then RM it.

    In anycase, you want at least a few gigabytes of disk space to play
    with virtual kernels.